Thursday, December 20, 2012

Poor memory


I'm here to talk about a subject that for years was a real problem for me, but today, thanks to the latest technology, I have completely overcome.
I mean ... I have it written in the hand ..., bad memory.
I have it written here because it is the only way for me to remember. Before I had it written in a notebook...
I do not know what I did with it.
Now I write down everything on my body.
People think I have a tattoo on my arm, but once I wrote a shopping list there with a Rotring pen and it stayed there.
I am the only guy who has written on the biceps "chicken breast",
They wanted to charge me three thousand Euros to take it off, so I painted a heart around it and now I say that it was a girlfriend I had.
The blame for my poor memory lies on my mother who forced me to remember a lot of things and the result is that nothing more fits into my brain.
My mother would tell me:
- 'Son, go down and fetch the bread and, as you do, buy olives, tuna, milk and lettuce.
And, when leaving home house, you kept repeating:
-        "Bread, olives, tuna, milk and lettuce,
-        Bread, olives, tuna, milk and lettuce '...
And then you passed by a neighbour, and she said:
- "Hello, dear, how's your mother?
And you were repeating:
- "Bread, dear ... tuna ... Well, thank you.
- Bread .. olives
Shit.
But your mother never forgot. On seeing you arrive, she said
-        The lettuce is missing.
I think mothers have at least 5 Gigabytes of memory
My teachers wanted me to remember long lists of names like the tributaries of the Tagus: Jarama, Guadarrama, Guadiela.
Hallo dear, how is your mother? bread, lettuce, Jarama, Guadarrama, Guadiela
So, I am now a disaster for names.
I only learned my wife’s name after two years of marriage.
In the meantime, I kept on calling her "honey."
If I reserved at a restaurant, they would say:
- "Yes, I have a table for Pablo Gómez-Mora and honey."
If I was with her, and I met an old friend from college, it was hard to make the introductions:
-        "Honey, college roommate,
-        college roommate, honey."
Eventually she realized, of course. And she got angry:
-        "You do not know my name."
I said:
-        sure I know"
-        And what is it? '.
-        Eh ...".
Then I looked at my hand and climbed up the biceps to finally exclaim:
-        Chicken breast!"
And the dates, it’s better not to talk about, of course.
In general, men have a problem with dates.
If you ask a man when it is his wedding anniversary he would say:
- "These things are taken care of by my wife."
It's not our fault, we're not genetically prepared.
One day my wife told me:
-        "Do you know what day is tomorrow?".
And I said:
-        "What day is it today?”
-        "Tuesday."
-        "Well then tomorrow is Wednesday."
And she said,
-        "Yes, but what Wednesday?".
-        "Hey ..., is it Ash Wednesday?».
-        "It's my birthday."
-        "Honey, congratulations!
-        And how many..?
How angry she got! But she changes her age every year, so it is impossible to remember.
By the time I learned the birth date, she was 33, and the she goes, and turns 34.
I am now taking ginseng, which they say is good for ... memory.
It was recommended by my dermatologist, because if I keep writing things in my body, I will destroy my skin…
The problem is that I never remember if I took it.
The other day I had an overdose. I was quietly at home and, suddenly, I said to my wife:
-        Hey, chicken breast, now I remember!
- What?, she said
I replied:
-        Bread, olives, tuna, milk ... and lettuce! ».
And what is that?
The tributaries of the Tagus!

No comments:

Post a Comment