Wednesday, May 11, 2016

My gift is art

Resultado de imagen de violinista mendigo
It all started with what happened to Dad. I was in 2nd of violin, with good grades.
My dream was to be concertmaster of a major orchestra. I wanted to make music my life. But dad died, and left us all in poverty, damn luck. I had to leave the conservatory. Yes, I was in 2nd of violin and dreamed of being a good musician.
After that, I went through occasional jobs to survive, until I had that incident. And I spent three years in prison. I swear it was not my fault. It was an accident, nothing more. Damn luck. It was not my fault.
When I was paroled, my life was in disarray. Luckily, I kept my old violin. Now I have a fixed place in the merchandise entrance of a department store. It is perfect because it echoes. In the best shopping area of Valencia. A lot of people pass by. It is a very coveted spot. They only open the door at night when I am not there.
I have to get up early because, if not, the place would have been already taken. And it's mine.
I'm not a beggar. My gift is art. Beggars hate me and they will take my site at the slightest slip. So I have to bring my own food every day, I can’t leave the place if only a moment.
Today, I would kill the bastard who did it. When I returned from the loo, the case was open. And the violin was gone.  Oh what rage burns inside of me! And I left it hidden behind boxes of beer, covered with the blanket. Damn luck. The violin is of no use for them at all! They only did it for me to leave the portal!
Today, I came back as usual. I left the case open with a few coins inside, as I always do, but nobody has dropped anything. How will they if I could not play any music because I have been stolen my violin!
And the fact is that my violin is somewhere, I can visualize it, probably intact, because they will try to sell it. God, God, God, where will it be? I spent all day waiting just in case it is just a joke. But no, no one has come. I do not know what I would have done if I catch the one who robbed me.
Yes, you may report it to the police, but I have a criminal record, who would believe me? Meanwhile, I'm still waiting. Maybe whoever it was will give it back to me tomorrow.
I have no money for a new one which would sound like mine and with no violin, I earn nothing.
I do not know what I'm going to do.
Damn luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment